Griffin & Strong, P.C. (GSPC) is an Atlanta, Georgia-based professional corporation that focuses on law and public policy consulting. The firm was organized in 1992, incorporated in June, 1996, and has been in business continuously since that time—over twenty five years.
Griffin & Strong, P.C. has methodically built its experience and reputation in the area of public policy consulting and supplier diversity consulting and has conducted disparity studies, drafted program legislation and engaged in remedial program development nationwide. GSPC is unique in that it is a law firm with a public policy consulting division whose sole focus is disparity research and equity and inclusion program analysis and consulting. We are suited to analyze and respond to the current legal climate which confronts governmental efforts to promote equity, to ensure that all citizens are given an equal opportunity to compete in the area of public contracting.
GSPC presents the most experienced and qualified team in the industry with each team member holding significant experience in disparity study consulting and program development.
Below are a few jurisdictions GSPC has or is performing disparity studies for:
GSPC Fourth Circuit Disparity Studies:
- Montgomery County, Maryland
- City of Frederick, MD
- State of North Carolina
- North Carolina Department of Transportation
- City of Greensboro, NC
- City and County of Durham, NC
- Mecklenburg County, NC
Team Members Fourth Circuit Disparity Studies:
- Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission
- State of Virginia
- Portsmouth, VA
- Hampton, VA
- Portsmouth Public Schools, VA
- Living Cities – City Accelerator
- Metro Nashville Government, TN
- City of Memphis, TN
- Fulton County, GA
- Tacoma, WA
- Greensboro, NC
- City of Charlotte, NC
- Louisville Water Company (KY)
- Clayton County, GA
Rodney K. Strong, Esq - Chairman and CEO
- Recognized as national expert in Disparity Research, Supplier Diversity, and Remedial Program Development and Implementation.
- Former Director of Contract Compliance for the City of Atlanta, GAs
- Project Manager for the first major post-Croson disparity study
- Principal architect of the City of Atlanta’s EBO Program, which became the national model for post-Croson MBE programs
- Testified before the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship
Michele Clark Jenkins. Sr. Director, Consulting Group - Project Manager
- 10 years of Disparity Study Project Management.
- 23 Disparity Studies, 4 goal- settings for Georgia DOT, 3 goal-settings for Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Inter’l Airport.
- Expertise in post-study guidance.
- B.A. in Anthropology, Princeton University;
- J.D. NY Law School;
- Certification in Negotiations from Harvard University; PMP Certified Project Manager; and Certified Contract Compliance Administrator.
Kelle Stewart, J.D. - Deputy Project Manager
Cross-industry experience with the private sector and municipal government utilizing a data driven approach to craft c-suite level strategy. Responsible for coordinating project timelines and facilitating the outreach efforts that inform the study’s anecdotal evidence chapter.
- Skilled in technology integration and process improvement.
- Holds Bachelors Degree in Economics and Juris Doctor from New York University School of Law
David Maher - GSPC Legal Division, Partner
- Litigation specialist with over 20 Years of experience in corporate defense, litigation support, civil appeals and general counsel.
- Georgia Top Rated Lawyer in Appellate Law and in Labor and Employment Law.
- Served as Federal Law Clerk in 11th Circuit Court of Appeals responsible for research and drafting opinions in areas of employment, civil rights, and immigration.
- B.S.W from University of Wisconsin; JD from Florida State University.
Dr. J. Vincent Eagan – Principal Investigator
- Served on over 120 disparity studies since 1993
- Foremost national expert is disparity research
- Over 120 disparity studies.
- Successful expert witness in 6 cases.
- Member of Bloomberg Business Week Academic Advisory Panel on law for 12 years
- J.D. from Harvard University; and Ph.D. in Economics from Georgia State University
Dr. Gregory Price – Sr. Economist
Econometric Oversight and Private Sector Analysis
- Skilled Econometrician and Applied Theorist, Experienced in Economic Forensics.
- 20 Disparity Studies
- 25 years of economic analysis of discrimination and disparity of employment, private sector contracting, lending and public contracting.
- Former president National Economics Association.
- PhD. in Economics from the University of Milwaukee-Wisconsin.
Susan Johnson - Director of Project Administration
- More than 30 Disparity Studies as Contractor Administrator or Deputy Project Manager.
- Former Director of Human Resources for Concessions International
- Contract Compliance Administrator for the City of Atlanta Office of Contract Compliance
- B.A. Political Science, Spelman College; M.S Urban Government and Administration and an M.A. in Human Resource Management, Georgia State University
Omar Baig - Data Analyst
- Talented data professional who has performed data analysis on GSPC engagements for Invest Atlanta; the City of Greensboro, NC; Cuyahoga County, Ohio; and the City of Chattanooga, TN. Responsible for data collection, cleaning and analysis.
- Skilled in technical systems, data platforms and process improvement.
- Holds a Bachelors degree in Computer Science from the University of Georgia.
Marcus Garner - Journalist
Writer and Journalist with more than 20 years of experience in public communications, research, analysis, and storytelling.
Wrote opinion and special articles for industry publications like “Governing Magazine” and “U.S. Security Post”
Served as Director of Communications for the Office of the DeKalb County District Attorney and the Office of the DeKalb County Solicitor-General, and provided internal and corporate change communication for Coca-Cola, SunTrust (Truist) Bank, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
B.A. in English from Clark Atlanta University; M.S. Magazine, Newspaper & Online Journalism from Syracuse University.
Doris McMillon., McMillon Communications, Inc.
- More than 40 years of experience in news anchoring and reporting.
- Professional speaker and author, emcees/facilitates large events and conferences for corporate and government clients.
- Performed anecdotal interviews for a multi-jurisdictional study that included Orange County, FL, the City of Orlando, the Orange County Public Schools and GOAA; lead the development of public outreach and communication strategy for Prince George’s County Comprehensive Housing Strategy; and provided community outreach and public engagement for the WSSC Disparity Study in Prince George’s County.